September Repair Café – re-imagined
Sat 12th Sep, 2020 from 10:00am - 12:30pm
Advance Booking is Essential
Following the success of our first two Repair Cafés in February and March, we are keen to develop the idea of Keeping Repair Alive in Ledbury without, of course, risking any spread of the Covid-19 virus amongst our volunteers, clients, or the public in general.
We are therefore offering a drop-off and collect repair service, for portable household items of a mechanical, electrical or ceramic nature. Our volunteer repairers will work at safely spaced tables inside the hall. Drop-off and collection desks will be located at two distinctly separate doorways.
Sadly, we won’t be able to operate our own café inside the hall, but we encourage you to support the many other cafés in Ledbury whilst your item is being fixed. We will ‘phone you when your item is ready, and it must be collected by 12.45 p.m. at the very latest.
- To control the number of people arriving together outside the hall advance booking is essential for your chosen time-slot. The first slot is from 10.00 to 10:30 and the last from 11:30 to 12 noon. We need to complete all repairs by 12:30, as we will need half an hour to clear and sanitise the hall.
- ‘Test and Trace’ requirements mean that we must collect your contact details – see the form below.
- All items will be sanitised before being worked on. This means that we cannot accept any textile or fabric repairs, or any other item where application of sanitising products would cause damage. This still allows us to work on many types of small household items and appliances.
- To improve bio-security, please place your item in a plastic carrier bag, where possible, a few days beforehand, and try not to touch it again before bringing it along to the hall for repair.
- You will NOT be able to enter Burgage Hall. Please deliver your item to our drop-off desk at the side entrance (Opposite Prince of Wales pub). We will then take it to the most appropriate repairer inside the hall.
- Please keep your mobile phone with you and switched on, as the repairer may need to speak to you about your item.
- After repair, or if your item cannot be repaired, we will ‘phone you, so you can collect it from the rear entrance of The Burgage Hall, accessed via the alleyway adjacent to “Ledbury News”.
- Our Repairers will sanitise their work tables, tools and hands between repairs to minimise risk of cross-infection. We will continue to monitor the situation in line with official guidance.
- Repair Café Ledbury does not charge a fee, but donations towards running costs are gratefully accepted into our cash quarantine box!
Please select your preferred drop-off time in the form below.
- Select ‘1’ in your required time slot.
- Make sure your email address and phone number are correct.
- Enter a brief description of the item and the problem in the large box.
- We can only accommodate one item and one time-slot booking per person at the moment.
- Bookings close at 6pm on Friday, 11th September.
Thank you very much for supporting this evolutionary phase of Repair Café Ledbury!
Book your timeslot
5 slots are still available out of 24 in total. For each of the time slots below we can accept up to 6 items but for the moment we are limiting this to a maximum of 1 per person. N/A shows the time slot is fully booked. You can only choose one time slot.
Bookings are closed for this event.