Terms and Conditions
1. All repairs carried out at the Repair Café Ledbury (RCLedbury) are performed at the customer’s own risk. The advice and repair service is conducted by experienced volunteers and there is no charge, but donations are welcome to cover costs including hall hire, the purchase of tools and equipment and the development of the service.
2. PLEASE NOTE: Dangerous tools and equipment are present and sometimes used in repairs. Parents must exercise control over, and be responsible for, the behaviour of their children whilst attending the RCLedbury.
4. We do not normally permit Customers to enter the hall while the repair is being carried out but, with the agreement of both the customer and repairer, we will allow access if a repair needs specific explanation from either the customer or repairer. Items should not be left with the repairer and collected later, but where the repair itself makes this necessary, neither the repairer nor RCLedbury can assume any responsibility for safe-keeping.
5. Neither the organisers of RCLedbury nor the repairers in personal capacities or otherwise are liable for any loss or injury whatsoever that may result from any repair carried out or for any advice or instructions given and used at a later date.
6. Neither the organisers of RCLedbury nor the repairers in personal capacities or otherwise are liable for any accidental damage that may occur to either visitors’ goods or personal effects during visitors’ time at the sessions.
7. The customer is responsible for providing any consumables such as leads, plugs, fuses, zips, etc. that may be needed to fully complete a repair.
8. Repairers offer no guarantee for any repairs carried out with or without their help and are not liable if any repaired items do not work properly at home or break down again in the future.
9. After making an initial assessment of an item, repairers are fully entitled to use their discretion and refuse to repair an item should they so decide.
10. Customers are responsible for the removal of all items that cannot be repaired.
11. A maximum of ONE item per person will be examined. Should time allow, extra items may be considered for examination and assessment.
12. Items will be examined on arrival in reception and RCLedbury reserves the right to refuse to accept for repair any item that is considered too dangerous and/or damaged or obviously beyond repair. In particular, items that cannot operated safely indoors (eg petrol-engined machinery) cannot be accepted.
13. RCLedbury takes no responsibility in any form whatever for any item, repaired or otherwise, once it has left the premises where the Repair Café session is taking place.
The Management, Repair Café Ledbury
January 2020 (revised October 2021)